Re: Where should the shared bundle go ?

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: Where should the shared bundle go ?
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:55:34 +0200

On 2003-05-13 23:42:57 +0200 Yen-Ju Chen <yjchenx@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Since application-specific bundles should go to
Library/ApplicationSupport/AppName/,
how about the shared bundle,
such as ApplicationScripting bundle from StepTalk,
which will be used by all the applications supporting scripting ?

This will become a framework, to make classes available to developers. Thus
developers will have better controll over application scripting (if someone
wants). Because frameworks are bundles, current functionality will remain, that
is, you will not need to link with that framework to be able to use it.

I'm thinking whether to put CodeEditorView bundle into ApplicationSupport.
It is more application-specific now, but supposed not to be.

I think, that code editor view should be CodeEditor.framewok, for same reasons
as above.
Frameworks can be considered as shared bundles for every application :)

Stefan