Re: ctool_OBJC_FILES

From: Lyndon Tremblay
Subject: Re: ctool_OBJC_FILES
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 12:34:21 -0600 (MDT)

On 2003-05-19 03:00:48 -0600 Nicola Pero <nicola@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:

The ctool project types do not support OBJC files. This case, works great:

CLIBRARY_NAME = Something
Something_OBJC_FILES = SourceFile.m
Something_LIBRARIES_DEPEND_UPON += -lobjc

But, using CTOOL_NAME instead (and including ctool.make or clibrary.make of course) does not recognize them as sources.

And so you know, this is my way of creating *standalone* ObjC projects using gnustep-make. (ie. without -base)

If you want to create standalone (ie, without -base) ObjC tools, objc.make
is your friend :-)  You can try

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make

OBJC_PROGRAM_NAME = Nicola
Nicola_OBJC_FILES = main.m

include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/objc.make

ctool.make is for C tools, so it makes somewhat sense that it does not
support OBJC files.

Yeah, I knew it was a hack (:. So what about libraries? Should clibrary.make be changed to not support OBJC_FILES as ctool.make? Then, should objclibrary.make be added as well in if this is the case? I will be using this plain ObjC library for a proper GNUstep application (with -[NSValue valueWithNonRetainedObject:], as the library objects do not derive from NSObject nor are reference counted), as well as using it for a plain ObjC program.

--Lyndon