To all german speaking 'steppers: article in german C't magazine <VirusC

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: To all german speaking 'steppers: article in german C't magazine <VirusChecked>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 19:44:31 +0200

Hi,

In the current C't magazine (11/2003) there is an article concerning
generic programming in C++, Java and C on page 214. The article is written
in a tone that the reader could get the impression that generics are a
"really cool" feature that everyone would like to have.

So how about a letter to the editor concerning this from an experienced
*step programmer, who can explain why generics (e.g. templates in C++) are
a bad/ugly hack that _real_ object oriented languages (like ObjC and for
instance Smalltalk are) won't need.

NO, I don't want you to spam Heise, but I think one well funded letter
could maybe "awake" some readers from the "dream" that C++ and everything
C't writes are the ultima ratio. I would do it on my own but I am still a
beginner and my arguments would probably fail.

greetings, Lars