Re: ANNOUNCE GWorkspace 0.5.1

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE GWorkspace 0.5.1
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 13:54:49 +0300

On 2003-05-18 19:23:08 +0300 eh666 <eh666@free.fr> wrote:

Enrico Sersale wrote:
This is a bug fix of the 0.5 release.
But get it because it has also some changes that are important.

GWorkspace is at:
www.gnustep.it/enrico/gworkspace
www.imago.ro/gworkspace

This is a Debian bug report forwarded to the developer of the upstream
source package from which the Debian package is derived.

Package: gworkspace
Version: 0.5.1-0.1
Severity: normal

When attempting to configure gworkspace I have found that it can be
repeatably made to crash under certain conditions.

Description of attempted user task: configure the do not show
option of hidden files in the user's home directory by  selecting
several files in one go.

Method 1:

Load gworkspace

Select Info->Preferences and select Hidden Files from the drop down box

Click Load to populate the right hand side

Hold down shift and select 2 dot files

Release shift

Click the left-hand pointing arrow to transfer the files to the hidden
files panel.

Hold down shift and select 1 dot file

Result: application crashes every time

Method 2:

Just like method one, execpt you can also crash it by selecting files
one at a time with shift held down on the selection. It always crashes
on the 3rd one.

e.g.

hold down shift, select 1 file
release shift
click on the arrow

repeat three times.

Result: it always crashes on the 3rd file.

I can't reproduce this. Please, can you send me a gdb backtrace?