Re: Objective-C support in GDB.

From: Dirk Lattermann
Subject: Re: Objective-C support in GDB.
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 17:24:14 +0200

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 11:37:52AM -0600, Adam Fedor wrote:
> I finally have all the patches approved and applied for Objective-C
> support in GDB. So I can say for certain that the next version of gdb
> will have Objective-C support (...and there was much rejoicing). The
> next version will by version 6.0 and probably be released in 2-3 months.

Great!  Thank you!

I tried the snapshot from 22th of May.  I have not much experience with
gdb, so these might be unqualified questions/protobugs:

1. Even when compiling a library with 'make debug=yes' and installing
it the same way, gdb cannot find the source file in the directory
where I compiled the library (according to the docs, it should
find it there).  Don't know if this is related to objc support
(.m extension?), but see 2.: this C library is obviously found.

2. Is it possible to omit stepping into the 4 or 5 lines of C
source code when stepping into  a method call (libobjc/sendmsg.c)?

Cheers,
Dirk