OpenBSD cvs -base build problems

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: OpenBSD cvs -base build problems
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 22:42:41 +0200

Hello,

thanks to Adam and Peter I'm a little bit further. Indeed GSXML.m had a
problem with my last cvs update, probably the error just scrolled over on
the console. Also the new version now compiles better with no warnings at
all.
I did enable shared libraries and OBJ_MERGE stuff for OpenBSD as Adam
suggested.

I make a "make clean", updated cvs after deleting the bogus file,
reoncifgured and tried to make again.
This time it gets further and stops here:

gmake[2]: Entering directory
`/home/multix/gnustep-cvs/core/base/Source/Additions' Making all for
subproject Additions...
 Linking subproject Additions ...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file /subproject.o: Permission denied
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

now why? I am building in my home directory were I have all rights...

i suspect that it is really trying to output the linking to the root ?
I usually build as user and then install only as root.

Is there some path wrong somewhere or is the error message misleading?

-riccardo