Re: Any plans to bring WindowMaker and GNUstep closer?

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Re: Any plans to bring WindowMaker and GNUstep closer?
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 15:19:40 -0700

Well,
I am trying to work with the interfacewm (window manager written in objc) so that my my dock app (objc too) works smoothly together with it.

Our cooperation will hopefully turn out a nice combo that works well.

Chad

Christopher Culver wrote:

Is there any collaboration between the GNUstep team and the WindowMaker developers to increase consistency? While WM is the official GNUstep WM, it's a bit disappointing that it doesn't have a theme that perfectly matches the appearance of GS applications, and WM's handling of GS windows can seem a little clunky (though I don't know if the problem for this is with WM or GNUstep). Has the WindowMaker team expressed interest in using the GNUstep libraries in future versions, or forking the current codebase?

Christopher Culver