Re: Introduce me to NSTableView

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Re: Introduce me to NSTableView
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 04:06:53 +0300

On 2003.06.06 03:28, Chris B. Vetter wrote:
Create a GSVbox as your window's "main" view, and use a GSHbox to
arrange the "inner" objects, that is, an NSScrollView that contains
your
NSTableView.

Aha, so I put a NSTableView within a scroll view? Ok, I've done that, and the table appears. My application segfaults everytime I click on the table or attempt to use its scrollbar, but I hope I can manage from here.

I wonder, however, why you want to create the UI by hand instead of
using GORM... After all GSV/Hbox are specific to GNUstep. So porting
your app to, say OSX, will be a bit more difficult.

I assume there's already a nice character map for OSX, so I'm not thinking too much about portability in this application.

And I'm creating it by hand for two reasons. One is that I just prefer doing it this way; when I program in GTK2, for example, I always do the UI by hand instead of using Glade. The other reason is that I think I learn more about AppKit if I do the UI the hard way, which is experience which I'm sure will come in handy if I get more involved in the GNUstep community.

Christopher Culver