Re: Fonts in .gorm files

From: Tobias
Subject: Re: Fonts in .gorm files
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 18:53:39 +0200

> back-art. Unfortunately, I do not have installed the same .nfont packages
> on all machines

this is why it may be wise to include some basic fonts (say one serif,
sans-serif and one monotype font).
basic fonts (those, that you do not want to distribute with your app) will
know for sure, that these are on every system.

> (maybe I should say fortunately, otherwise I wouldn't have
> seen the problem ;-). What happens is, that if I open my app (respectively
> the .gorm file) on another machine than the one I created the Gorm stuff
> on, GNUstep complains about missing fonts and uses some other font
> (following whichever heuristic). As this usually results in clipped
> captions and/or ugly replacement fonts, this doesn't look really good.

so i propose to include some fonts.

maybe someone could even do this...

~ibotty