Re: Why is GNUstep less successful than GTK and Qt??

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Why is GNUstep less successful than GTK and Qt??
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:38:29 -0700

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:51:44 -0000
MJ Ray <markj+0111@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> Chris B. Vetter <chrisv@web4inc.com> wrote:
> > - lack of (clear/clean) documentation
> >   eg. where can the docu to XY be found, why is docu for YZ missing
> I want to work on this by reshaping GNUstep.org a bit.  Please email
> me suggestions/encouragement/flames and I'll work on it faster.

That's a start but wasn't what I had in mind.

For example in my case, I usually only have time (and the will) to
do some private programming over the weekend, at home where I
(voluntarily) do not have Internet access.
So online documentation is pretty much useless from my point of view.

What's missing is documentation that can be found on your local machine.
IMHO, autogsdoc does a very good job for documenting frameworks,
libraries and such.

However, looking at the pages for NSSomeThing is pretty frustrating
since about 90% of all methods sport a "Description forthcoming".

That's what I was talking about.

--
Chris