Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:56:48 +0200

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, MJ Ray wrote:
> Alexander Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:
> > On 16 Jun 2003, Stefan B=F6hringer wrote:
> > I second the need for context menus and the design idea as well
> >> I second the need for context menus.
> >> I second your design idea.
>
> discuss-gnustep is turning into an AOL stream?  If someone wants a
> poll, please use a web site.  Please let's post ideas and discussion
> (eg *why* you think mystery meat navigation is good) to discuss-gnustep.

I second that! ....

...sorry, couldn't resist ...grin

Anyway, as Pascal explained, coming from OO UIs context menus are kind of
a logic thing, but in order to become intuitiv I believe they have to
be used consistently across the entire UI, otherwise they are just too much
'hidden'. For example I would like to have a context menu which lets me choose
from the set of available services for the selected object, I hate going to
the main menu for that purpose.

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert     |  VNET# 559-1565
Core Rendering           |  Office: +41 (0)32 732 15 65