Re: problems building - faiiling due to autogsdoc

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: problems building - faiiling due to autogsdoc
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:28:28 -0600

Peter Cooper wrote:
If you do that, then the build will fall into disrepair again.

My preference is to do what GNUstep seems to do in similar external
optional dependency cases - use configure to detect (although the makefiles
might be able to do this at runtime instead) and if the required components
are not in place, don't build the documentation.

Everyone testing who has TeX installed, for example, would automatically
test the build environment, those who don't, won't.

I actually just removed Documentation (again) from the build until I can figure out how to do it. It's not TeX - I changed gnustep-make to continue even when the tex programs aren't found. The current problem is getting autogsdoc to work without an installed base (That's harder).