Re: My GWorkspace feature request

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: My GWorkspace feature request
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:09:49 -0000

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <Lars.Sonchocky-Helldorf@bbdo-interone.de> wrote:
> On 23.06.2003 19:48:38 MJ Ray wrote:
>>Philippe C.D Robert <philippe.robert@gmx.net> wrote:
>>> I do not, at least not intentionally. Contextual menus are as much
>>> hidden as any other submenu of the app's menu.
>>How does one detach a context menu to make it continuously visible?  I
>>do that often with submenus when I use them a lot.
> Why should anyone want this? IMHO you did not understand contextual menus.

IMHO you did not understand the context of this question.  I reject the
assertion that context menus are only has hidden as submenus because
they cannot be made visible outside their temporary pop-up state.

>>Huh?  Surely you have to select it and then activate the menu, else it
>>would break the concept of "targeted actions"...
> But you don't have to move the mouse to the menubar/application menus and
> navigate through submenus

Regardless, moving to something visible is known to be faster than moving
to something invisible.  App menus that you use a lot can be made visible
for longer than a mouse click.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at
       Thought: "Changeset algebra is really difficult."