Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th character in scaled view

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama
Subject: Re: Text drawing bug - gaps after 16th character in scaled view
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 04:21:43 +0900

Pete French wrote:

Does it mean that the GNUstep's code is changed, or that you changed the code
of your own program in accordance with the previous discussions so far?

GNUstep's code has changed over the weekend. So my unchanged code now runs
correctly.

Great!  Thanks, GNUstep development team!!

OK, I will.  To do that, I need to reinstall freetype library so that it
has the symbols FTC_*.  It may sound strange to you, the freetype library
I have has no such symbols and thus failed to compile the art backend.
So I'm afraid it will take one or two days to report the result to you.

Sounds annoying. COuly you try with the new GNusstep code and the xlib
backend fiirst to see if that has changed at all ? That would be faster.
If that hasnt iimporved then try the art backend to ssee if that is better.

-bat.

Thank you for your kind words.  But I have already installed the latest
stable release (freetype-4.1.2) :-) and found the library that comes with
XFree86 4.3.0 is not useful for GNUstep.

The bug still exists with the xlib backend. I am going to try the art backend,
but before it, it seems I have to get .nfont packages.  I would be happy
if you could tell me how to get them.

Thank you,
Kazu