Re: Compileing gnustep-gui-0.8.5 problem fixed

From: Liam Whalen
Subject: Re: Compileing gnustep-gui-0.8.5 problem fixed
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 02:29:10 -0400 (EDT)

I found out the problem it's been a while since I last installed GNUstep
and I guess last time I installed it I put it in /opt/GNUstep/

then I edited my /etc/profile file to run
/opt/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh

which in turn set my environemtn varialbe GNUSTEP_PATH list to
/opt/GNUstep/* etc

so whenever I ran the new shell script
/usr/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
it would check to see if GNUSTEP_PATH list was set and sure enough it was

so whenever I tried make LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH it would use the
old path of /opt/GNUstep/ which in turn had the old libraries in it which
caused the error below.  It took a bunch of messing around but I finnaly
rembered changing /etc/profile when I first installed GNUstep.  Anyway
alls well that ends well.

Liam