Re: DO broadcast

From: Tobias
Subject: Re: DO broadcast
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:24:50 +0200

> > nevertheless, time for me to work on the kame implementation again..
>
> I just finished implementing AF_INET6 and AF_LINK (though more or less
> untested). Next I plan on implementing asynchronous usage and MCAST on
> top of that (the idea is having sth similar to CFSocket). That should be
> enough for looking into implementing sth similar to Rendezvous.

this is great.
so i will discard most of my (preliminary/buggy/not working patches), and see
how (and if) i can integrate them.
is it in cvs? (i have not updated for a while now.
<retrospect>
once, one of my internal freebsd changes got terrible broken on a "cvs up"
that i decided to work on stable releases from then on. i did not have the
time/was not willing to port them to -current, so i droped them... maybe i
should start again sometimes... to many interesting projects...
</retrospect>)

btw: imho, we should track zeroconf as close as possible. thus implement
rendezvous, not something similar to it.

i know that this is going to be a matter of change till a rfc is posted, but i
guess it is worth it.

~ibotty