Starting an application wondering about setup

From: Liam Whalen
Subject: Starting an application wondering about setup
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 08:32:05 -0400 (EDT)

I am going to start my first GNUstep application and I was wondering if I
am going about it the correct way.  The main window will look something
like this.

    |                                                 |
    |                  editing view                   |
    |                                                 |
    |                                                 |
    |                                                 |
    |                                                 |
    |        Stuff that can be dragged up to          |
    |         the editing view for editing            |
    |                                                 |
    |                                                 |
    |                                                 |

I am planning on making this a graphical interface for editing cron files.
This way I don't have to remember all the specifics for editing the cron
file I can just click run on Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 2:00 and 5:00
etc.  Stuff like that.  It's not something I will use a lot but I figure
it should be a good way to introduce myself to GNUstep programming.

>From what I've read, this is what I think I need to do:
Create an NSWindow, then create two NSViews (or subclasses of NSView)
and place the first view in the NSWindow with viewWillMoveToWindow.  Then
set the second view as a subview of the first view with addSubview. Then
set the top view to recieve draged objects and set the bottom view to
have dragabble objects.

I'm mainly concerned with how I should implement the GUI as GUI
programming is new to me.  Are NSView objects the correct things I should
be working with here or have I missed some other object that can be used
for dividing the window into two seperate parts?

Liam