Re: Title missing in submenu in Chinese

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Title missing in submenu in Chinese
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:06:05 +0200

Yen-Ju Chen wrote:
I just notice that the title of submenu is missing when I use Chinese in GNUstep.
 I attach the screenshot, and it is taken from Gomoku.app,
 which is localized in Chinese.
 Test with other (western) languages seems O.K.
And if I change the menu string into English letter in TraditionalChinese/Localizable.strings,
 the submenu title is back.
 I guess submenu has problem to display chinese (CJK probably).

I am surprised by this problem, as the code used in [NSMenuWindowTitleView drawRect:] (to be found in NSMenuView.m) looks very similar to the code used to draw menu items in [NSCell _drawText:inFrame]. I would expect them to behave the same. Could you please add a few debug statements into these two methods to further drag down, where the problem comes from.

Cheers
Fred