Re: Patch for LanguageSetup.gsdoc

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama
Subject: Re: Patch for LanguageSetup.gsdoc
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:52:22 +0900

Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

Hi,

I add a short section about NSLanguages and attach the patch to LanguageSetup.gsdoc.

 Yen-Ju

Please take the following into consideration before applying the patch:

(1) Because this document is primarily written for new GNUstep users, a concrete explanation for the phrase "If the application is localized for your native language"
should be required.  Say, I'd like to have an explanation like this:

If an application has a directory called <YourLanguage>.lproj in the bundle, it may be localized for that language. To enable this functionality, you need to set the user
default value NSLanguages to the language, e.g.,
   $ defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSLanguages '(YourLanguage)'

(2) The part of the document to be patched is written independently of any language.
Hence, in terms of the context,
   $ defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSFont MyFont
is preferrable to
   $ defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSFont MingTi

The current patch is a little bit biased in favor of experienced Chinese steppers. Please think of novice users and people living in other nations into consideration.