Re: using an asian font... puzzling...

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: using an asian font... puzzling...
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 16:53:31 +0100

>   and they are all serif (I don't know why).
>   If you have legal Windows 2000, maybe you can find a font called "SimSun",
>   which is a Traditional Chinese font, but also contains Japanese glyph.

I took a look at that, also MS Mincho which is O.K. for a serif font. Thanks.

he idea of swiping files from Windows, however, gave me an idea and I have
ended up using Ariel Unicode which is an excellent sans-serif font that
looks good for the menus and also contains the other characters for the
japanese, russian and greek languages that I need. mknfonts converted it
quite happily.

I am just trying to work out if I can use this to replcae the normal
Aerial font (which has all the bold and itallic options). But it looks as
if it will do nicely for my purposes.

-bat.