Re: Multi-lingual cut & paste support (was Re: One for our asian languag

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Multi-lingual cut & paste support (was Re: One for our asian language experts...)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 02:26:27 +0200

Kazunobu Kuriyama wrote:
Attached is the patch that enables multi-lingual cut & paste with gpbs.

This patch is rather nice and improves behaviour in many cases. But it also makes it worse in the interaction with an old X application that only supports STRING or COMPOUND_TEXT. What we should do in the long run is to ask for all different types we are able to support for text and also provide all the different types ourself. Than the best matching type could be used.

As this change is harder to do, it may take some more time to write the code for it.

Cheers
Fred