Re: open letter about development proposals

From: stefan
Subject: Re: open letter about development proposals
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 10:11:48 +0200 (CEST)

> Am Dienstag, 05.08.03 um 09:10 Uhr schrieb stefan@wms-network.de:
>
>> I already made some (rundimentary) investigations about porting the
>> KWQ-Layer to GNUstep without using objc++ (don't know when this
>> becomes available).
>
> Hmm - did somebody try to use Apple's compiler just for preprocessing,
> then the native compiler to "port" it into the native OS? In Theory,
> this combination should do it to process ObjC++, right?

yes i did. and i didn't manage to get it working. i took over the marked
Apple changes referring to objc/objc++ to the  original gcc-sources. I
managed to compile the first stage (i cannot remeber whether the second
stage compiled). However, i gave up after two days of trying. I think this
was a more or less naive (stupid?) try since i'am not a gcc-expert. If
anyone is interested, i have the sources here.

Stefan