Gorm Progress 08/18/2003

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Gorm Progress 08/18/2003
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 22:05:10 -0700 (PDT)

All,

Just thought I would let everyone know what I'm planning for the coming days...

Several things are on the horizon this week:

1) Bugfixes to address the custom class issues (Bugs #3439, #3538).   I have
revamped the architecture of the template/stand-in objects.   I have simplified
them and made them more generic/elegant.  It's a fairly isolated change.

2) Several other bugs are going to be addressed by the end of the week.

Architectural changes in Gorm:

1) Moving to NSDocument/NSDocumentController design.   This will help simplify
the code within Gorm itself to some degree.  This is to be done only after the
above issues have been addressed *in full*.  The architectural change is not
high priority.

Please let me know of any questions/concerns/comments.

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
Petition to make Lighthouse Application Suite Free Software at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/laafs/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---