Re: building gnustep under redhat 9

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: building gnustep under redhat 9
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:12:27 -0600

On Monday, August 18, 2003, at 08:45 PM, Peter Hallinan wrote:

Initial problems:
1) when trying to run WindowMaker-0.80.2
[root@AlpaMayo]# wmaker --version
wmaker: error while loading shared libraries: libwraster.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[root@AlpaMayo]#
However ld.so.config includes /usr/local/lib and the libraries are in place, i.e.

Did you also run ldconfig as root? I can't think of any other reason the libs cannot be found.

2) The package openssl-0.9.7a-5 doesn't seem to have any libraries, even though it's installed (at least according to rpm -q, plus openssl runs).
This causes ./configure for gnustep-base to complain
configure: WARNING: SSL bundle will not be built: Could not find openssl libraries

You might also have to install openssl-devel

../Source/shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to `libiconv_open'

Did you install the libiconv package yourself? I'm wondering because all the libiconv functionality should be in glibc, so perhaps the libiconv you installed is conflicting with glibc's routines. Perhaps you should uninstall libiconv.