Re: ANN: PhotoClip-0.1 - yet another image viewer.

From: PUYDT Julien
Subject: Re: ANN: PhotoClip-0.1 - yet another image viewer.
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:32:35 +0200

Le mar 26/08/2003 à 18:54, Tima Vaisburd a écrit :

> Please post bugs and comments to tima -at- frys -dot- com.

Hi,

I'm a beginner, so perhaps I'll comment less than ask:
* most of createWindow in AppController.m is a comment, is there some
problem with that code?
* in applicationWillFinishLaunching (same file), you don't open all file
given on command-line, but only the first, I think it is a little bug;
* it looks like you do the same later in open (same file): you select
only the first object in the selection from the panel;
* in fact, you specifically ask the panel _not_ to let the user choose
directories... wouldn't it be possible to handle that as a FileRing on
that directory, opening the first image in it?
* I don't understand your PhMakePath method in FileRing.m, could you
explain?
* in ImageWindow.m, in setImageFromFile: you don't check if
initWithContentsOfFile was successful before using the image to change
the view, etc... how do you know it will succeed?
* in PictureView.m, initWithFrame sets the original size to 0,0;
wouldn't it be possible to take the rect's size?

Using the program, I noticed the following glitches:
* I opened little png, but still had the big window;
* rotations didn't quite work as expected...

Sorry if it isn't exactly the type of comments you were expecting,

Snark on #gnustep