Re: MyFolks renaming: AddressLibro?

From: Eric Christopherson
Subject: Re: MyFolks renaming: AddressLibro?
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 22:00:59 -0500

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 03:14:09PM -0700, Alex Perez wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > would everyone be happy if I just called the damn thing
> > "Addresses.framework", with a plain "A" as a prefix?
> 'Book' in Spanish and Italian is libro, livre in French, Livro in
> Portuguese...
>
> What about Libro?
>
> Going this route, we would have AddressLibro = AL which fixes the whole
> AddressBook = AB which disallows use of both frameworks on the same
> system.

It might be better to find an actual word or compound from another language
and use that. In those languages you generally don't just put one noun after
another like that to make a compound; plus it's kind of odd to put the
English word "address" with a word of a different language. Unfortunately I
don't know offhand any words of phrases for "address book" in those or other
languages.

--
Furrfu!         r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t