Re: question about GNUstep on Debian/woody

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: question about GNUstep on Debian/woody
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:02:28 -0600

On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 02:18 PM, Joerg Desch wrote:

Am Mit, 15 Okt 2003 (14:54) schrieb
Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> in gnu.gnustep.discuss:

You can try
defaults read NSGlobalDomain
detaults write NSGlobalDomain GSFontAntiAlias YES

Sorry for asking stupid questions, but I'm realy absolutly new to
GNUstep. I never played with it.

What does the above commands mean? Should I call `defaults' from within a
xterm? Or is it a configuration entry?

Yes. Type these commands from within an xterm. defaults is a program to access your GNUstep defaults database, which provides information to the applications about various behavior options.