Re: GNUstep installation, was Compiling from scratch.

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: GNUstep installation, was Compiling from scratch.
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 18:06:04 +0100

Well I'd like to add something... :)
I am in the process of writting a libary detect tool. The idea is that you ask
the tool if a certain library is available, what version is available and if
the header file(s) are installed.
The basic parts are available and it now works for audiofile and libobjc (which
I used as the test cases). The biggest effort will be to provide small tests
for all libraries needed, which will take some time. Some I can grab from the
Build Guide others have to be invented.

And to answer your later question if it would be a problem that the build
guides will be useless... no way :)
I would be more then happy to remove the Build Guide if building GNUstep was as
easy as let's say:
./configure
make
make install