NSNotification and NSRunLoop

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: NSNotification and NSRunLoop
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:29:23 -0500

Hi,

 I try to send NSNotification via NSDistributedNotificationCenter to
 a GNUstep tool which use while(...){} to keep alive.
I notice that all the NSNotification reach the tool after the while loop stop.
 Why does it happen ?
Do I have to use NSRunLoop in order to receive NSNotification in the middle of while loop ?
 How to do that ?
 Something like this ?

 while (...) {

   [[NSRunLoop currentLoop] runUntilDate: [NSData distantFuture]];

 }

 Then how far the [NSData distantFuture] would be ? More than one second ?

 Thanx a lot

 Yen-Ju

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your current Internet access and enjoy patented spam control and more. Get two months FREE! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa