make profile=yes produces coredumply programs.

From: Jim Fowler
Subject: make profile=yes produces coredumply programs.
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:39:55 -0600

greetings all.  [ and this would be me de-lurking. ]

I would like to use gprof on some software I am writing, but when I
compile my program with make profile=yes, the resulting executable
segfaults when I run it.

(gdb) bt
#0  0x40635a8e in __nss_hosts_lookup () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x08048efa in main ()
(gdb)

I'm guessing that it should be linking with libc_p instead?  If so, is
this a bug with the gnustep makefile?  gprof works on my box
usually... ;-)

thanks in advance for your help; i've really been enjoying gnustep
immensely so far.  it's superneat stuff.

tilde,
jim