Re: ANN: GSMBrowser: beta feature.

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: Re: ANN: GSMBrowser: beta feature.
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 11:41:48 +0100

Enrico Sersale writes:
 > On 2003-11-14 22:32:39 +0200 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:
 >
 > > Marko,
 > >> this is to announce a beta feature that was requested by Steve Jordal,
[SNIP]
 > > work via Workspace.app (I refuse to call it by its proper name)
 > Why? :-)
 > I'm just writing a ftp client that will work with GWorkspace, that is, dnd
 > of remote and local files between the two apps and dnd of files representing
 > bookmarks. I'd want to add samba support, too, and I'd be glad to
 > collaborate with Marko. But I'm also wondering if, instead of using
 > smbclient, it exists a portable samba library to use.

Hello there,

I too would much prefer working with a library as opposed to a set of
command line tools, but I have not found such a library yet.

I guess one could encapsulate "smbclient" in a library but I do not
know enough about SMB to do this myself.

Best regard,

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, mriedel@neuearbeit.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html          |