Re: a color management issue and how do I link TOOL_NAME stuffs with App

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: a color management issue and how do I link TOOL_NAME stuffs with AppKit
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:19:03 +0000 (GMT)

> > include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/common.make
> >
> >TOOL_NAME = AppKitTool
> >AppKitTool_OBJC_FILES = main.m
> >
> ># Link the tool with gnustep-gui
> >AppKitTool_OBJC_LIBS += -lgnustep-gui
> >
> >include $(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make
> >

> Is there a portable way onto OS X?

It's a good question. :-)

I suppose it would be nice to have base/gui linked in depending on some
variable, and then all projects would have defaults set for those
variables, but you could change them.  (mumble).

At the moment, the best way to do it in practice is

ifeq ($(GUI_LIB), gnu)
  AppKitTool_OBJC_LIBS += -lgnustep-gui
endif

ifeq ($(GUI_LIB), apple)
  AppKitTool_OBJC_LIBS += -framework AppKit
endif

I know it's not too exciting - using ifeq() is never exciting, but in
practice it should work.