Re: GNUstep on Darwin!

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep on Darwin!
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:26:57 -0700

On Wednesday, November 26, 2003, at 12:35 AM, Philip Mötteli wrote:

Also, the Apple runtime probably does closures differently than we do it. Getting a hook into their runtime would allow us to take over that. But perhaps __builtin_apply just works on Darwin, in which case we don't need libffi or anything...

The last time I checked, __builtin_apply didn't work on MOSX (10.2.6), so I wrote an assembly function, which does about that.
If that would help, I would offer it to the Gnustep community.

I think the problem remains that we would have to modify the Apple runtime library.