Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:53:48 -1000

They don't allow for exceptions to be made for *Debian* packages. That is why I created my own GNUstep repository for GNUstep stuff which installs in sensible locations.

If you're running Debian sarge (might work with woody, never bothered to try):

All you gotta do is add the following to /etc/apt/sources.list

deb     http://simplygnustep.sourceforge.net/Packages/     binary-i386/
deb-src http://simplygnustep.sourceforge.net/Packages/     source/

Do an "apt-get update"

and then a "apt-get install sgstep-meta-user"

and "apt-get install sgstep-meta-developer"

there are also games:

"apt-get install sgstep-meta-games"

It's that easy.

Chad