Re: newbie, XMPP framework

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Re: newbie, XMPP framework
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 23:34:38 +0200

Gaim has been working lately to separate its core from its GTK2 frontend. I think it would be a good idea to create a GNUstep front-end on this core, since the work is already very mature. Please, oh please don't duplicate effort by creating a new project. Gaim has nearly everything one would want as it is, and it should be easy now or in the near future to put whatever front-end one wants onto it.

Adding GNUstep support to a big project like GAIM (usually one of the most popularly ranked free software projects) would help get GNUstep more exposure.

Christopher Culver