Re: OT: windowmaker's language button

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: OT: windowmaker's language button
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:32:37 -0600

On 2003-12-10 15:58:26 -0600 Alexander V. Diemand
<alexander.diemand@isb-sib.ch> wrote:

> Yep, me too I was searching the web yesterday for hours to find out what this
> changes. It does nothing at all!
> At least, this is my conclusion after all. I hope I am wrong.
> The only visible effect is in Lyx where this button changes to some other
> keyboard layout, maybe greek letters.
> The only way to find out more would be 1) ask people at WindowMaker's list (I
> did not yet) 2) read their source code.
> I am very much interested if someone could come up with a solution for the
> configuration of this "feature".

I did ask at windowmaker's irc channel, one guy that was there (it doesn't have
much activity) didn't know.  I searched the list archives and there's one
message asking the same exact question, no answers; but in other messages
there's talk about xmodmap and xkd which seem like good alternatives.

I also did download the code, if I have time I'll take a look.
--
René Berber