Re: gnustep CVS

From: Roland Schwingel
Subject: Re: gnustep CVS
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:37:48 +0100

Hi...

> Maybe we should use our own CVS server and create the web tools we
> need with GSWeb.
> That would also proof the usability of GSWeb and gnustep base.
> And we would have a limited number of user accounts on the machine.
Well this might be now a bit off-topic, but if considering setting up
an own repository, you are free in the choice of the SCM software. In this
case I wouldn't use CVS any more. Subversion (subversion.tigris.org)
which also open source is a *much* better alternative to CVS. It elminates
most of the CVS shortcomings (like binary file handling, renaming files,
deleting directoriers etc.). There are also plenty of tools avaible.
We use it for month now and would never trade it in again for CVS.

Just my $0.02

Roland