ANN: GNUMail.app v1.1.2

From: Ludovic Marcotte
Subject: ANN: GNUMail.app v1.1.2
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 19:59:31 -0500

Hi,

After months of development, I'm glad to announce the 1.1.2 release of GNUMail.app.

GNUMail.app is a fully featured mail application running on both GNUstep and Mac OS X 10.2.

Here is a small list of what has changed since the 1.1.1 release of GNUMail.app:

o Replaced the old Address Book code with Bjorn Giesler's excellent Address Book Framework for GNUstep. You can get his framework here: http://giesler.biz/bjoern/English/Software.html
o Tied the filtering code with the Address Book
o New Mailboxes Import bundle supporting Microsoft Entourage X and standard mbox files.
o Many IMAP optimizations
o Lots of other features, bug fixes, refactorings, speed and usability improvements.

You can download GNUMail.app 1.1.2 from:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail

You can also download a binary version of the PGP bundle for OS X. See the FAQ on the web site for more information. You can also look at the following screenshots showing some of the new features in 1.1.2:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail.data/screenshots/v1.1.2/gnumail-gs.png
http://www.collaboration-world.com/gnumail.data/screenshots/v1.1.2/gnumail-osx.png

To use GNUMail.app on GNUstep, you'll either need the CVS version of GNUstep or the last releases of base/make (1.9.0) and gui/back (0.9.1).

If you would like to know how to integrate Bogofilter with GNUMail.app for a good and fast anti-spam solution, please see the excellent document Christian Neeb created for us at:

http://www.collaboration-world.com/cgi-bin/project/faq.cgi?pid=2#27

I would like to thank all the people who helped me getting this release done, especially Matt Ackeret, Bjorn Giesler, Hermann Gundel, Francis Lachapelle, Christian Neeb, Ujwal S. Sathyam and Stefan Urbanek.

Contributions, feedback, comments are always welcome!

Thanks a lot,
                Ludovic
--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow.