Re: [Q] CoreFoundation on Linux ?

From: Dirk Theisen
Subject: Re: [Q] CoreFoundation on Linux ?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 08:17:57 +0000

Hi!

As far as I can tell, it's the other way around. CoreFoundation is a(n
ugly to look at) mix of C and some C++ building the 'foundation'
Foundation and AppKit are based upon.

It's a refactoring of lots oft FoundationKit code and was done by the the very same (ex-NeXT) people, I'm told. There is no C++ in CoreFoundation it is plain C only and I really like it as a fallback when no ObjC is available.

There once was a port to Win32 as well but the current Windows port is unmaintained.

Dirk

P.S. Let me know, if anybody is interested in the Windows port.