Ann: Agenda 0.0.2 and ics-tool 0.1.1

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Ann: Agenda 0.0.2 and ics-tool 0.1.1
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:13:55 +0100

Hi all,

On http://gnustep.made-it.com/Agenda/sources/
you can find Agenda 0.0.2 and ics-tool 0.1.1

Agenda now is a calendar. It gives you the ability to browse through a calendar matrix by year and by month. It's simple, but it works.

ics-tool is the Objective-C version of the ics-analyzer script. I need to thank alexm_, fabien and aiwtd on #GNUstep for their help and support. Without them I don't think I would have managed to write it. Thanks guys!

ics-tool is capable of reading a calendar in iCal format (.ics file) and adding events to it from other .ics files. It is possible to hook it in e.g. Mozilla as an text/calendar helper and fully automagic add events to the calendar. Is it useful? No it isn't. It doesn't look at the METHOD, etc. It just adds it, but it is a great learning experience, as a first GNUstep program.

The next steps to take are:
- Make Agenda read the calendar.ics file and do something useful with the events. - Make ics-tool into something like a service so it can be used from e.g. GNUMail and extend it with the ability to respond to methods.
But that is all for next year... :)

Happy Stepping,

Dennis Leeuw