Top to bottom layout support (Was: Since I am the only Thai on the list.

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Top to bottom layout support (Was: Since I am the only Thai on the list.)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 16:13:05 +0700

On 2003-12-31 07:46:45 +0700 Chad Hardin <cehardin@mac.com> wrote:

No, but I'm a Chinese linguist. I probably need to add some Chinese support in there too. Inputting Chinese is easy on a mac or even (gasp) Win box, but I haven't even tries to configure my linux box to do it. I'm gonna try and figure that out now.

Chad

I was interested by
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnustep-dev/2003-03/msg00001.html
But I don't really have any experience (since Thai is left-to-right) and I know
one or two things about
Chinese. It seems Alex is too busy to work on these stuffs and appears more
likely that he prefered leaving
some connections for third parties to continue rather working by himself?  Owen
has posted this link
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-text/ on cairo list. Since I have been advocating DTP
softwares then I really
want to see these happen :)