GNUstep.org (Sorry that I have to move this out of the webmaster list.)

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: GNUstep.org (Sorry that I have to move this out of the webmaster list.)
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:17:15 +0700

I'd like to share my friend's opinion.

<a friend> totally broken to hell in IE6 though.
<a friend> and from what I can see of the site, they have absolutely no reason
to be using xhtml.
<a friend> that site should be html-4.01-strict with css.
<a friend> ack. the more I look at it, the worse it is.
<a friend> their site is composed of a horrid mish-mash of completely different
looking (and generally unfinished or missing) pages...
<a friend> only the front page and about page have the new look...
<a friend> most still have the "old" look... some missing background colors or images...
some pages have no "style" at all.. and are just ugly plain text basically... and some links
are 404's.
<a friend> :-/

I'm sorry but I really think we need a better management. The replacement is
fine
but it should be done in a better way. Like having it been tested, something
like
http://mmmaybe.gimp.org/. We should have a CVS branch before we start changing
something. I cross the issue to the discuss-gnustep so it can have more
attentions.
It seems like we don't have enough man hour in the past. And *please* do not
take
this as a flame. I can volunteer to lead the web development team for the better
quality, honestly, in case that existing volunteers has more important things
else to do.

Thank you.
id