Re: MkLinux gnustep make troubles

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: MkLinux gnustep make troubles
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:59:13 +0100

on 1/6/04 10:39 PM, Forest Dean Feighner at forest@4est.dyndns.org wrote:

> I am having difficulties compiling the gnustep/core on MkLinux-RC2-RD2.
> Following the GNUstep-HOWTO I am able to make and install core/make and
> core/base. The build fails with an error in core/gui about
> GSspell.plist. I then check the binaries installed and find that
> defaults segfaults.
>
> I'm a bit at a loss. I was have troubles with ./configure failing with
> the xml2 libraries.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

I don't know how to help you. I compiled the latest available release
tarballs available today rcompiled Ink.app to be sure the new libraries are
working... Everything seems fine as well as GWorkspace.

There are some focus issues ans small problems... but the basic system build
and works almost usably.

I did nothing more than:

0. configure and install ffcall
1. configure -make (I enabled --enable-import nothing more) and make make
install it
2. make, make isntall libobjc (R2 has 2.96 compiler, remember and no
configure for libobjc)
3. configure, make, make install of -base
4. same as above for gui
5. same as above for back

This should give you a working system. Maybe you missed the libobjc point?
Or you tried using libffi instead of libffcall?

Good luck :-)

-Riccardo