Re: What should and should not go in?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: What should and should not go in?
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 17:13:29 +0100

I don't have much to add to Richards position, but I wanted to share with you a small list I did comile some days ago. I was just wondering hwo far we did get in the 10 years of GNUstep and of the OpenStep specification. (I feel an anniversary coming up) So I checked which parts of the OpenStep specification are still missing in GNUstep. Here is what I did find:

Files missing
=============

NSCStringText
NSSelection

Implementation missing
======================

NSDataLink
NSDataLinkManager
NSDataLinkPanel
NSEPSImageRep
NSHelpPanel

Parts missing

NSPageLayout
NSWorkSpace

Of course there are also minor gaps in some other classes, but I would say that all of them are more than just working. And for the missing files, I don't see much demand for them, so probably we are as close to OpenStep as we will get.

Fred