Re: gnustep-make and NSPathUtilities patch

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: gnustep-make and NSPathUtilities patch
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:46:51 -0700

1. GNUstep installation should set up a GNUstep.conf file if needed. I have a set for different platforms. That's easy. The question is which package
should be responsible for it's set up or installation?

Well it seems that gnustep-make (specifically GNUstep.sh) requires this, so it should go there. Except that now you are required to install gnustep-make again...

Alternatively, we require $GNUSTEP_SYSTEM_ROOT/Tools/$LIBRARY-COMBO in
everyone's path in order to use tools from the command line.

I think we should make that the default and allow package managers to change it. A lot of packagers like all the files for a package to be under a common directory.

QUESTIONS-FHS
If the Developer sub-tree is for things of relevance only to Developers
(which is the NeXT/Apple way)
* Headers should go here
* So should all API documentation
* and Applications specifically for development

Well, that's another discussion.