Re: Cocoa/Windows parallel dvlpmt

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: Cocoa/Windows parallel dvlpmt
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:48:55 -0800 (PST)

Florent, your mailbox is disabled, probably because it's full.

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Florent Pillet wrote:

> I'd go farther than that. A Windows port itself is not enough. What is
> needed is a way to somehow shrink-wrap an application with the GNUStep
> frameworks so that, in the end, the user just has to run an installer
> and doesn't need to know that GS is the running support for the app.
>
> I don't know how this can be done (or has been planned for) from an
> architectural point of view.
Yes, it is possible and is done right now, without even needing an
installer (app can go on CD), and if you'd actually read my previous
e-mails thoroughly, you'd have seen me saying so.

> OTOH, if Apple would somehow revive the Yellow box I'd be happy too.
> I'd even be happy to pay for it, as long as it allows me to seamlessly
> port my apps...
You can wish for this, but it will not change the fact that Apple will
*NEVER* revive YellowBox because they have far too much of an interest in
seeing their expensive hardware sold. Once again, corporate self-interest
(which is understandable) affecting business decisions is something that
GNUstep is immune from.