Questions about the system

From: Robert Burns
Subject: Questions about the system
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:26:22 -0600

Hello all,

Firstly, let me say that I think your project has a lot of potential.
You've done a great job so far.

However, I've noticed a one area where improvement might be needed. I
would like to take care of this area. I refer to the way that everything
is drawn on the screen. It appears that all of the widgets are drawn
from within the AppKit library, and not from within a separate library
like GTK and KDE use. IMHO, this is a serious defect, the resolution of
which could greatly, greatly increase the appeal and attention that
GNUstep receives. In short, I would like to address this problem by
adding true support for theming to the library. Are there any objections
to this? Is such an effort already underweigh?

Also, is GNUstep compatible with any of the following window
managers/desktop environments: XFCE, KDE, GNOME?

I plan on doing some significant modifications to this library. My
distro plans on including a heavily modified and improved version of
GNUstep and GNUstep applications.

Thank you all for your time and great work, keep it up!

Robert Burns
XT-Linux, Lead Programmer