Re: Questions on GNUstepWeb & GDL2

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: Questions on GNUstepWeb & GDL2
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:41:13 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 03:11:47 -0800 (PST) nyap hong <nyaphong2001@yahoo.com>
wrote:
 >|         I know that GNUstep provides GNUstepWeb to create
 >| dynamic websites and GDL2 to access and manipulate
 >| database. What is the current status of GNUstepWeb and
 >| GDL2? Are they both suitable to used as development
 >| tool to implement my project or other alternatives
 >| such as php or jsp is better?

IMHO, it depends on the size of your project (php will probably be better for
small project).
GNUstepWeb & GDL2 works very well but GDL2 has not yet implemented all features
of EOF.
You can take a look at http://www.cyberdvdfilm.com for an example of site done
with gsweb.

 >| Is there any
 >| documentation or tutorial about GNUstepWeb and GDL2

For GDL2, you can take a look at:

http://www.geminisolutions.com/WebObjects_4.5/Documentation/Developer/EnterpriseObjects/Guide/GuideTOC.html
For GNUstepWeb:

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/webobjects/WebObjects_4.5/webobjects.html
There's example in gsweb/Examples and in gsweb/Testing

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <mguesdon@orange-concept.com>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998