Re: Questions about the system

From: William F. Adams
Subject: Re: Questions about the system
Date: 20 Feb 2004 04:38:26 GMT

(Apple's Appearance Manager)

I'd like to point out that this has too fine a granularity which has had a
serious negative impact on Mac OS X's UI --- to wit, Carbon apps are
responsible for drawing their own scroll bars, incl. placement --- because of
this Apple was forced to put scroll bars on the wrong (right, not left) side of
windows 'cause that was where Carbon apps had them.

That said, I really do like the idea of theming (I use the ``Moby'' theme when
running in Mac OS 9 at work), and would dearly love to see a simple way to
modify the appearance of a GNUstep system, esp. in an on-the-fly, per-app
basis.

William

--
William Adams