Re: Can't use long long variables?

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Can't use long long variables?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:30:48 -0800

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:15:52 +0100
Philip Mötteli <Philip.Moetteli@tele2.ch> wrote:
> Am 26.02.2004 um 20:19 schrieb Chris B. Vetter:
> > Looks like this comes from NSScanner -scanLongLong:
> > Apparently, -base configure on SuSE box doesn't define
> > LONG_LONG_MAX.
> And what could a non expert for configure do to solve the problem at
> least temporarely?

I don't think there's a switch to configure for LONG LONG.

Configure only checks whether LONG_LONG_MAX or LLONG_MAX (Solaris & BSD)
are defined in limits.h, so you may have to check whether SuSE uses one
of these or uses a different definition. If the latter, this would have
to be added to the checks.

Alternatively you could try to find a work-around in your tool to not
use -scanLongLong: (probably easier, if that's an option)

--
Chris